Sunday, August 26, 2007

Crest of the Wave socks

Well, I cast on for some socks not too long ago. I've been making slow progress, but it's progress all the same. I think I'm in love with them. They are looking very cute so far. The pattern is from More Sensational Knitted Socks and it's called Crest of the Wave. I started out with size 2 needles, but when I got to the heel, I switched to size 1 needles. I wanted to make sure the leg of the sock was loose and comfortable, but I don't want it to be baggy around the foot. I cast on 72 stitches to start, but I want to get the foot down to less than that. I think I will continue decreasing around the foot until I have 64 stitches left. I might even go down a little more than that, depending on the fit. I love trying on socks as I'm knitting them. I think it's fun! Well, I still have a bit to go before this first one is done, but I'm actually looking forward to finishing them soon. I may actually even wear this pair! Shocking, I know!

No comments: