Sunday, January 25, 2009

Still around... I promise!

Ahhh... in the immortal words of Barenaked Ladies, "They say absence makes the heart grow fungus" and I have a feeling my heart is officially a mushroom. I've really neglected my knitting blog and, let's be honest, my knitting in general. Yes, I've knit a few small projects and I did work on my (evil) Peacock Feathers Shawl for a good week or so before it made me mad. But, overall, I haven't been knitting too much and I really haven't been blogging about it. Perhaps it should be my New Year Resolution to update again? I'm not sure. I'm a total commitment-phobe, even when it comes to resolutions. :)

So, let's see. I made another cotton shopping bag but it still needs handles. I made a small scarf for my 6 year old cousin and a new scarf for myself. I've made 2 unsuccessful mittens for my mother and that's making me crazy. Her hands are just so different from mine that I should make a 3-D model at this point. Argh! I'm working on socks for myself from More Sensational Knitted Socks that are going well. The yarn is ugly, but it was on super clearance at a store closing, so I'm not going to really complain! I've been playing with some new orange colored yarn I bought at the same store closing. I am thinking that maybe I will try to knit some quick hunting socks for my uncle out of it, but I'm concerned. I know I should do them toe up because I don't know how much yarn I really have, but I HATE doing toe up socks. Overall, the yarn is taunting me until I can decide what to do. The best project though? I started knitting small scarves for my cousin to use with her Bratz dolls out of scrap yarn. It's fantastical! I don't know if she will like them or not, but I'm having fun, so it's all good. So far I've been sticking to sock weight yarn scraps and it's been great.

I must admit that I'm not very happy with how my Peacock Feathers Shawl is coming along. I really want to use a different yarn. The Knitpick's yarn isn't bad, but it's a bear to rip back. Even with a life-line in place, I find that it sticks to itself and generally pisses me off. Argh! I need to just suck it up and work on it again. I'm actually getting to the point where I can imagine being done. We'll see. Maybe one day I'll decide to hit it again. Cross your fingers, light a candle, dance naked, etc. etc. for me! :)

No comments: