Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Resurrection socks and Crest of the Wave update

Good news! I finished one of the Resurrection socks the other day. Hooray! It turned out well enough, but there are a couple of things I would change. First of all, I would stop doing the yarn over cable at least one inch sooner than I did. The pattern goes up over my 2 smallest toes and it just bugs me for some reason. I wish I'd thought about it more and that I'd done a few rounds of plain stockinette before beginning the toe. Secondly, I'm not totally fond of the toe either. I did a round toe but it came out funky. I don't really like how pointy the standard toes end up looking on my feet, but it seems like most toes just end up looking pointy on my feet. It must just be my foot, you know? But, overall, this is the best sock I've ever had on my foot. It fits better than any store bought sock. Very cool. I could end up a sock wearer if I keep on knitting them for myself.

In other news, I ripped out almost all of my Crest of the Wave sock. I wanted to make some changes to it. First of all, the design looked neater on the size 1 needles, so I decided to knit the whole thing on the 1s, well, except the cuff. The cuff was knit on 2s and I liked how it felt when I tried it on. The thing that sucks though, is that I don't own 2 sets of size 1 DPNs. So, I have to finish the Crest of the Wave sock, then knit the mate to the Resurrection sock, then knit the mate to the Crest of the Wave sock. Well, technically I could do both of the Crest socks first, but I'll probably end up doing the Resurrection mate first. That's just how I roll, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The sock is beautiful!

I liked over here from PBS. I'm currently reading "Undead and Unwed" and saw your review.

I personally crochet and am starting my first knitting project, a squares afghan for my husband. My crafts blog is www.ezrinjaz.blogspot.com