Monday, November 5, 2007

One down...

You know, it's weird. The weather is basically perfect and I still have little desire to knit. I've barely been knitting since my last update. I'm not entirely sure what's going on over here. :/

But, I did finish a Crest of the Wave sock the other day. We lost power one night (for 13 hours) and I was able to Kitchener my sock toe closed by candlelight. It sounds romantic when I type it out, but really it was just a pain in the arse and made me really appreciate good lighting. I wanted to weave in the ends on the sock that night too, but in the end, I decided it would be too dangerous to do so with only candlelight to guide me. So, instead, it's sitting on the top of my knitting bag mocking me. One day, sock, I will finish you and that's not a threat; it's a promise! [insert evil laugh here]

Originally, I figured I would cast on for the mate to the Resurrection sock after finishing this Crest of the Wave sock. But, strangely enough, I cast on for the other CotW sock instead. I was watching a rerun of Top Chef when I cast on and I nearly finished the cuff while watching. (Can I just say that Tiffani was a really unlikeable person on the show? I mean, seriously, she came off as so evil! I don't usually trust the editors of reality shows, but when it comes to her... well, I'm not sure what to think. But anyway...) So while I haven't been knitting very consistently or for long periods of time, I've been hauling ass when I do pick up the needles.

I also cast on for a Shocking Pink Coif from knitty.com the other day, but it will be a Shocking Turquoise Coif if anything. The pattern isn't totally working for me right now though, so I don't know if I will continue to work it or just rip it out. Oh and I made a huge 8 and 1/2 inch square wash cloth the other day. I did it all in seed stitch and I really like how it turned out. It looks like it could really scrub the heck out of some dishes. Now I just have to decide if I should keep it or give it away.

No comments: