Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pics of Socks for Alicia

I went and updated my last post with a picture of the socks. But, I wanted to post additional shots and I figured it would be easier to just make a new post with them. :)

Pattern: Traveling Vine pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Louet Gems
Needles: Size 2 DPNs
Notes: I did these from the top down with an eye of partridge heel. I found picking up my gusset stitches went very well despite not having a slipped stitch edge. In fact, I'd say it was my neatest attempt at picking up stitches thus far. I wasn't thrilled with the pattern at first because it didn't look the same as in the book to me, but it grew on me over time. Now I love them and they appeared to fit Alicia's feet well.

the heel

Sock 1 complete

This ended up being a very fun project for me and I love the finished socks. The next pair of socks I make, however, will be for me. I've not made myself a pair of socks yet so I think it's the perfect time. :)

No comments: